Day 1 - Full Day Cape Tribulation & The Daintree tour
Cape Tribulation is located in the heart of the Daintree National Park World Heritage Area, which contains the oldest continually surviving tropical rainforests in the world. Estimated to be over 100 million years old, the Wet Tropics area is home to around 50% of Australia's plant and animal species with many species found nowhere else in the world.
The drive between Cairns and Cape Tribulation weaves its way past beautiful white sandy beaches and some of the most picturesque scenery in Australia.This great value Cape Tribulation tour includes the highlights
- Transfers to and from your accommodation
- Professional, friendly naturalist tour guide
- Guided walk through Mossman Gorge National Park
- 1 hour famous Daintree River Crocodile / Wildlife Cruise
- Free time in Port Douglas
- Wildlife Park and Lunch options
- Cape Tribulation Beach
- Breathtaking views of North Queensland & scenic lookouts
- World Heritage Daintree National Park
- After being picked up from your accommodation, we will travel by air-conditioned vehicles via one of the most renowned scenic coastal roads in Australia, the World Heritage Listed Captain Cook Highway.
- 8.30am-9.15am: Port Douglas Option - Take in the spectacular scenic coastal drive north of Cairns, before you enjoy free time in Port Douglas to soak up the village atmosphere along with a brief tour of 4 mile beach.
- 8.30am-9.15am: Wildlife Park Option - Enjoy a guided tour of the world famous Wildlife Habitat to view all the famous Aussie animals including free ranging kangaroos and wallabies.
- 10.00am-11.00am: Mossman Gorge National Park - Enjoy a guided rainforest walk and see the crystal clear waters of the Mossman River cascade over spectacular boulder formations amongst the lush rainforest. National Park entrance fee included in tour price.
- 12.30pm - 1.15pm: Lunch Time - You can bring your own lunch, or add a lunch at the Cape Tribulation Beach House to your package.
- 1.15pm-1.45pm: Cape Tribulation Beach - Kick back and relax under the fringing rainforest of the Daintree where the "Rainforest meets the Reef"! Enjoy a walk or a swim (seasonal), at this beautiful historic beach location.
- 3.00pm - 4.00pm: Daintree River Wildlife Cruise - Our journey continues to the majestic Daintree River for a 1 hour Wildlife and Crocodile exploration. This is a rare location to see wildlife at play in their native habitat.
Day 2 - Full Day Reef Trip
Two spectacular locations
Up to 5 hours at the reef
Delicious Buffet Lunch
Boomnetting (weather permitting)
Wine, cheese, biscuits & fruit platter
Complimentary tea & coffee
Experienced, friendly & helpful crew
Snorkelling is a popular recreational activity, particularly on the
Great Barrier Reef! The primary attraction of snorkelling is the
opportunity to observe underwater life in a natural setting. The coral
reef has many inhabitants such as dolphins, turtles, starfish, rays, and
molluscs as well as an abundance of brightly coloured fish only found on
Australias Great Barrier Reef.
The Great Barrier Reef boasts more species of marine life than any other
place on the globe, and as the "barrier" of the Great Barrier Reef
protects the snorkelling locations, the conditions for appreciating them
Never snorkelled before? If
you are new to snorkelling or aren't confident in the water, a friendly
crew member will be happy to
assist you around the reef
and ensure you have a safe and fun snorkelling experience. Buoyancy
aids such as wetsuits,
noodles and life rings are available to assist non-swimmers. Join us
for a wonderful snorkel experience.
Both certified and Introductory scuba diving is available, however this is
primarily a snorkel boat. You'll need a licence to dive by yourself as a
certified scuba diver, however no licence or prior training is required to
experience an introductory scuba dive. All gear is included, as is some quick
training for introductory divers. You are able to do 2 scuba dives as part of
The minimum age for scuba divers in 12 years old. Some medical conditions and/or
medication may stop you from participating in Scuba Diving. Please check with
us when booking your trip if you have a medical condition or are taking
medications, to avoid disappointment on the day.
Scuba Diving cannot be prebooked.
Boom - Netting
This is the only cruise to the Great Barrier Reef that offers this fun activity.
A net is dragged behind the boat at low speed allowing you to experience this
fun activity. Think of it as a natural spa. It's not only for the kids either,
the whole family will love it.
Boarding commences at the Marlin marina
Depart for the Great Barrier Reef
Arrive at the 1st location
Buffet lunch is served
Cruise to the 2nd location
Depart the reef - complimentary wine & cheese
Arrive back in Cairns
Your day starts with boarding at 7:30am at
the Marlin Jetty in Cairns, we then cruise to the Outer Barrier Reef,
where we spend 5 full hours, visiting 2 spectacular reef locations -
Hastings Reef and Breaking Patches.
We offer Glass bottom boat tours with Marine naturalist reef
interpretation for an extra cost, snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming, or
simply relax on the sundeck.
Enjoy a delicious tropical buffet lunch as
we cruise between sites.
As we leave the Great Barrier Reef maybe try some Boom netting.
Complimentary wine, cheese and a selection
of tropical fruits are served on the journey back to Cairns.
Our Reef Destinations
We visit 2 of these great locations daily. Which one's depends on the
days weather, wind and tides
Hastings Reef - Alive
with thousands of vivid tropical fish, this site is famous for it's
Giant Clam Gardens, inquisitive Moray Eels and huge cod species.
Breaking Patches -
Located off Michaelmas Cay, this great location is renowned for its
forest of corals, large Sea Fans and Black Coral Trees, yielding
some 400 species of tropical coral in its shallow lagoons.
Virgin Reef - Home
to an abundance of tropical fish, spectacular coral varieties,
Bronze Whaler Sharks and Manta Rays.
Bommie Reef - home
to schools of Barracuda, Sweetlips, Coral Trout, Red Bass, Lionfish
and our favourite - the green sea turtle!
Day 3 - Full Day Waterfalls Adventure tour (option 1)
- Come with us for the day!
- A full day tour including morning tea!!!
- Bring swimming costumes, towel, walking shoes, change of clothes and a smile!
- Experience a day you'll remember for years.
- We stop along the way so you can buy lunch or you are welcome to bring your own.
- This way we are able to keep our prices down.
- We depart Cairns by 7:45am and get back around 7:00pm
| This Tour Visits
- Babinda Boulders
- Josephine Falls
- Atherton Tablelands
- Milla Milla Falls
- Curtain Fig Tree
- Malanda Environmental Park (Tree Kangaroo Spotting Area)
- Spectacular Views
- Platypus Spotting
- Lake Eacham
- Crawfords Lookout
Curtain Fig Tree
Millaa Millaa Falls
Day 3 - Full Day Kuranda Skyrail & Scenic Train tour - option 2
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Cairns Australia, is a world first in environmental tourism taking you on an amazing experience over Australia's World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforest canopy and deep into the forest.
The Skyrail experience, spanning 7.5kms over pristine rainforest, allows you to explore the wonders of an ancient tropical rainforest and learn about one of the most botanically fascinating and diverse areas on earth.
Gliding just metres above the rainforest canopy in comfortable six-person gondola cabins, the Skyrail journey immerses you in an intimate rainforest experience where you'll see, hear, smell and become part of the tropical rainforest environment.
Kuranda Scenic Railway
Our world famous railway experience is a must-do when visiting Cairns and Tropical North Queensland, Australia. You will discover the pioneering history of the tropical north from way back in the late 1800's, be astounded by a magnificent engineering feat and explore some of the great characters involved in the construction of this great railway.
Through our website you can investigate your options for a fabulous Kuranda day tour, make a reservation, visit our Gift Shop for exclusive shopping, follow our journey through the wonderful rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park, take a tour of the charming Freshwater & Kuranda Stations and enjoy the history of the Kuranda Scenic Railway. You can even view the plans of the original carriages still in service today.
Kuranda has come a long way from its initial origins as a centre for those choosing an alternative lifestyle in the late 60's. Historic Buildings from the villages past now house a variety of upmarket restaurants, cafes and bars. It is still laid back, but with a style and sophistication that sets it apart from other Cairns Highlands Venues and Attractions.
Kuranda's shops and markets with their exotically handcrafted goods, Aboriginal artifacts, restaurants and coffee shops make Kuranda a well known day destination, but to truly enjoy the ambience this village has to offer you really have to stay a few nights. Whether you are looking for a cosy bed and breakfast, a well maintained multi-choice accommodation and camping park, a hotel that when you step inside you feel like you are back in the 1920's, a gorgeous resort or a backpackers hostel, you'll find it in Kuranda.
Kuranda is surrounded by World Heritage listed wet tropics rainforest. It includes around twelve hundred species of flowering plants, eight hundred of which are rainforest trees. There are also orchids, ginger plants, strangler figs, palms and an immense variety of climbing plants. At any time of the year you will wonder at the richness and diversity of the lush foliage.
With an air of adventure, explore our newly constructed walking tracks. Easy trails take you on a gentle walk to the river, discovering some rare flora and fauna on the way. For those who enjoy a more strenuous bushwalk, the Barron Falls walk takes a little longer, but the view is spectacular.